Friday 28 November 2014

Black Friday





Today, 28th November, it’s “Black Friday”.

The term Black Friday is known to shoppers and retailers in the USA as both the day after the Thanksgiving holiday and as one of the busiest shopping days of the year (Thomas and Peters, 2011 pag.522). Basically it’s the day where a lot of shops (in-store shops and on-line shops) practice important discounts. I have never experienced this situation, because in Italy it’s not a tradition.

After my morning lecture I went with my friends to the Victoria centre and I realised that Topman store (one of my favourite store on Nottingham) followed to Black Friday. Obviously we entered.

The first things that struck me it was the Black and Red shirt. I love this kind of shirt, because on certain days it reflects my identity. The real price was £60 but today it was only £30 (50% of discount!). I bought it without thinking.


My impulsive behaviour came out with the second products, because the shirt was combined with a parka. I liked the colour and the design of the parka, but also I liked the combination with the shirt. The discount for this product is not really high, but combined with the student discount I paid £58 instead of £85.

The result: today I bought 2 products that I had not planned! This behaviour is very frequent for clothes purchases.

The best influences for this purchases were my personal identity (because I really liked the products and I’m satisfied for that purchases) and the external environment (because the display of the products influenced my decision and also because the price of the products today was very convenient).


Black Friday was a new and good shopping experience and I hope that this tradition will soon come to Italy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment