Tuesday 21 October 2014

Food purchases



Usually I do my food shopping on Sunday morning, because I have most time and also because I like to eat different food at Sunday lunch.

During the week I write in my shopping diary what I need to buy. I think that is really important to organize the purchases and also to avoid buying unnecessary things (without this diary it would be possible to forget certain products!).

When I buy food products I see the price and the date when it’s better to consume this food. I realise that I’m very influenced by offers such as “2x1”, when it’s possible to buy 2 products and pay only for 1 (it’s the same for “3x2”). I think that promotion is very attractive specially for the students. Important it’s also the “half price” products where for that week you can pay only half of the original price.

For certain products I’m very influenced by the origin of the product. For example for the “pasta”, the Italian flag in the packaging influences my decision. I think that the flag influences a lot of people, because the tradition and the origin of this product is connected to Italy.  It’s the same when I decide to buy sauce for my pasta.

For the food purchases I go to Aldi, because it's cheap, it's near to my house and it's open until 10pm. Sometimes I like go to Tesco when it’s possible to find different brands and different kinds of products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment